Saturday, March 27, 2010

This week's project--use scraps and recycled paper to make a card

This week, I decided to make some cards using scraps of paper that I had.  I also had a darling card that was given to me with a gift card.  I loved the paper and wanted to use it in a cheerful card.  This is the result.  The deep yellow paper with flowers use to be the card for the gift card.  I had to cover the fold, so I used white cardstock and ribbon to cover it.  The flower in the center was made from white cardstock and a silk flower from a card that failed.  The white cardstock that is used as a mat for the recycled card was also from the failed card.  The purple paper was leftover from a scrapbook page that I made.  I was really surprised, but I think this card turned out really cheerful and cute.

This next card was also made from scraps.  The brown paper and pink paper were both used in a scrapbook page that I made.  I happened to have cut out 3 extra flowers, so I just needed to cut out 2 more flowers to finish the card.  The flower brads were the only items that were not scraps. This is a fun card.

0 comments:

Post a Comment